Monday, April 24, 2017

Sophie's World Reflection #3

Now that things are officially starting to get weird (as if they weren't weird before), I'm having a harder time paying to the philosophy lessons between the plot. More and more I want to know who Hilde and her father are and how Hilde’s letters are appearing to Sophie. I have to believe it’s intentional, it cannot have been a coincidence as many times as Sophie has received her letters or even found her items. I’m becoming suspicious of Alberto, wondering if he has more to do with Hilde and her father than he wants to let on. He seems to not have many answers for Sophie, but he also calls her by Hilde’s name several times, which strikes me as odd, especially if he’s never even met Hilde in person.
            It’s harder to tell now if Hilde’s father is a “good guy”, a “bad guy”, or neither. Alberto has become to appear annoyed and angry with his attempts to contact Sophie and himself, though I’m unsure as to why that transformed into such a strong dislike of him, or the reason that her father is meddling so much. I know there’s a reason, and everything will fit together, but each time I read I’m only left with more questions.

            It’s interesting that Sophie finally told her mom about Alberto, I don’t think that I would be able/willing to tell my parents about something like her situation, it all seems too strange. It would most definitely sketch out my parents, and it seems that her mother is growing concerned, or at least confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment